Part-Time Lecturer (TID)
(for Talent Identification and Development (TID) Programme)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
The TID team is looking for qualified part-time lecturers from the professional of social work to conduct training courses for the students of TID programme:
- To design and organise interactive classes for training core competence of elite athletes participated in a TID programme according to their needs and preference;
- To prepare the relevant learning materials and tools for the classes; and
- To co-ordinate / work with TID team in developing whole person development programme and / or organising activities for the students.
Note: Most of the courses are offered on weekdays’ evenings or at weekends.
- A university degree in social work and having experiences in teaching Adventure-Based Education / Learning programmes;
- A minimum of 3 years’ or above relevant teaching experience in related discipline;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese; ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Hands on experience in computer software applications including MS-Word, MS-Power Point, MS-Excel and Chinese Work Processing;
- Mature, independent, positive, cheerful and passionate for teaching;
- Willing to work with youth with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Duties are on hourly basis;
- Highly motivated with a passion for high performance sport; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20150717-PTLECTTID in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. .Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER