Research & Sports Information Officer
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Assistant Research & Sports Information Manager of the Sports Information Centre, the Research & Sports Information Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- To be responsible for the technical services of Sports Information Centre (SIC) at HKSIL, including cataloguing and classification of all library materials – not only but includes monographies, AV materials and electronic items;
- To manage the acquisition of library materials, preparation of statistical reports, manage database and web sites etc.;
- To assist in research and analyses of changes and developments, both local and overseas, relating to elite sports training;
- To assist in the publication and dissemination of sports results and research findings;
- To assist in organising conferences and symposiums; and
- To supervise subordinate staff.
- A university degree or diploma in library and information science, social science, sport studies, research methodology, information management or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience;
- Preferably with knowledge of sports and sports systems in Hong Kong;
- Hand-on experience with MARC, AACR2, RDA and Library of Congress subject heading system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Chinese word processing; knowledge in webpage design and image scanning is an advantage;
- Good command of both verbal and written English and Chinese; ability to speak Putonghua is an advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Shift duties are required;
- Experience in staff supervision; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 30 March 2017. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20170317-RSIO in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER