Request from HKSI Staff and Scholarship Athlete
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loan Service
The Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) will help you obtain publications that are not available at the Sports Information Centre (SIC) but at other local or overseas libraries. Please first check the SIC Catalogue for the availability of the material before submitting your request.
- HKSI full-time staff who needs the material for job-related purpose;
- HKSI scholarship athlete who is studying undergraduate or graduate degree courses in local universities and needs the material for study purpose.
Types of Publications Available
- Circulating books that are available at local academic libraries;
- Photocopies of journal articles, and book chapters from local and overseas libraries. (Non-circulating materials such as audio-visual items, electronic journals, bound periodicals, reserved or reference items and newspapers of other academic libraries are not included in the service).
Loan Period of Books
- Loan period depends on the policy of individual libraries.
- For photocopies of journal articles or book chapter, requester may keep them.
Fees and Overdue fines
- For local academic libraries, it is free of charge. However, a requester may be asked to pay for copying and postage fee.
- For overseas libraries, it depends on the rate set out by each library.
Normally, it is a free service among local academic libraries. Requesters are, however, required to pay fines for overdue books at the rate set out by individual libraries.
If the photocopies are being requested without the permission of the copyright holders, requesters must follow the guidelines below:
- The copies should be used for the purposes of research or private study only.
- One article in the same issue of a periodical can be made.
- Only one copy of the same article should be made.
- For published work, one single copy of a reasonable proportion, about 10% of a published work can be made.
For related copyright issues, please refer to the Copyright Ordinance (Cap. 528) at the government Bilingual Law Information System (BLIS).
It depends on the processing time taken by the supplying libraries and usually takes two to three weeks.
Requester will be informed to pick up the requested materials at the SIC loan counter.
Loaned books should be returned to the SIC THREE WORKING DAYS before the due date. The borrower will be responsible for damage, overdue fines or loss of books.
Please fill in the Interlibrary Loan Request Form available at the SIC Intranet with information including name of author, article title, source, publication date, volume and page number and send it to SIC loan counter.
For further information, please contact us at 2681 6130 or by fax 2681 6388 or the webmaster at:email@example.com.