Assistant Fencing Coach (Foil)
(Annual remuneration package ranges from HK$306,095 to HK$642,800)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Fencing Coach under the oversight of the Head Fencing Coach, the Assistant Fencing Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide training for elite and junior athletes;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To assist with the administration and coordination of logistics, accounting, coaching and team resources related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To assist the HKSIL and Hong Kong Fencing Association with coach education programmes; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
- University degree or post-secondary Certificate / Diploma in sports-related fields, or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 2 Certificate;
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional coaching experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form and your resume with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2 October 2019. Application forms can be downloaded from HERE. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190919-AFEC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER