Community Relations Supervisor (Front Desk)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Community Relations Officer, the Community Relations Supervisor (Front Desk) will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist Community Relations Officer to oversee the daily operation of Reception Counter;
- To supervise the performance of Community Relations Assistant and part-time staff;
- To provide assistance to ensure the smooth running of facilities bookings, tailor-made programmes, large scale events, sports residence and tour visits when and as required;
- To handle customers’ complaints, attend enquiries at the counter, answer telephone enquiries and act as cashier when required;
- To plan the monthly roster of staff;
- To promote facility usage and community activities;
- To check the daily cash collection report and compile the necessary reports;
- To prepare statistics as required by the Community Relations Officer or senior staff; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Applicants should have completed their secondary education with at least 5 passes in HKCEE or 5 HKDSE subjects with at least Level 2 or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics;
- Possess a post-secondary certificate/diploma in sports and leisure services or a relevant discipline is preferable;
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant working experience in front desk operations or customer services;
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS-Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Chinese Word Processing and Corel Draw; and
- Required to wear uniform, work irregular hours and on-duty in public holidays.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 January 2019. Application forms can be downloaded from https://www.hksi.org.hk/opportunities/job-openings/. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190107-CRS in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER