Karatedo Coach (Kata)
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124 to HK$930,560)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Head Karatedo Coach, the Karatedo Coach (Kata) will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for elite athletes in Hong Kong;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To drive the execution of the training programme actively in order to achieve the performance targets;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To create and implement development strategies for individual athletes as well as short-term and long-term plans for the elite training programme;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and The Karatedo Federation of Hong Kong, China;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches;
- To work on irregular hours occasionally;
- To assist the Karatedo Federation of Hong Kong, China to select and promote talent athletes; and
- To assist the HKSI and the Karatedo Federation of Hong Kong, China with coach education programmes.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Karatedo athletes at national level;
- High level of international results in Karatedo
- Holder of a WKF/JKF recognized high-level Dan certificate;
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate elite training sessions;
- Outstanding knowledge of individual and team event principles including techniques, tactics, coaching trends and international developments;
- Knowledge of leading trends in coaching, including coaching science, practices and the appropriate application of leading technology tools;
- Driven by achieving results, a passion to a succeed;
- Ability to thrive in a pressured environment of irregular and long hours, and capacity to travel overseas for extended periods;
- Understand and comprehension of the WKF Competition Rules;
- Ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills would be a mandatory requirement;
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft word/ excel); and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong is an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 26 June 2019. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190613-KRC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER