Part-time General Practitioner
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Sports Medicine Manager, the Part-time General Practitioner will be responsible for the following duties:
- To be the in charge of the HKSI Clinic;
- To provide clinical services for scholarship athletes;
- To provide professional guidance for therapists of Sports Medicine Centre;
- To coordinate and conduct the annual medical screening for all scholarship athletes;
- To provide consultation for scholarship athletes on health care and prevention of disease and injuries; organize and implement workshop and lectures for athletes;
- To provide advice for coaches on the issues on training related athletes’ health and injuries.
- A registered medical practitioner with the Medical Council of Hong Kong for more than 10 years;
- Sports medicine experience (including the athletes health monitoring, sports related disease prevention and treatment) are an advantage;
- Knowledge of the prevention and treatment of sports injuries, and experienced in athletes on-field supports are an advantage;
- Knowledge of World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) anti-doping regulations and experience are an advantage;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English; ability to speak Cantonese and Putonghua are an advantage; and
- Awareness/knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruitment will continue until the post is filled.Please quote reference no. HKSI-PTGP in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER