Sport Biomechanics Officer
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sport Biomechanics Officer of the Sport Biomechanics and Technology Center, the Sport Biomechanics Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist the fabrication of sports specific electronic measurement systems for biomechanics testing purposes;
- To provide skill monitoring with qualitative and/ or quantitative real-time feedback to the athletes;
- To conduct various biomechanics testing for elite athletes;
- To capture human body movement in sport by videography;
- To process and analyse the data generated from the motion analysis systems and kinetic measurement systems;
- To assist data interpretation, report writing and provide feedback to coaches and relevant parties;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sport teams;
- To assist in research projects; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree holder in Biomedical Engineering/ Electronic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Information Technology/ Computing/ Sports Science or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years’ relevant working experience;
- Preferably in the area of application engineering specific in motion feedback systems;
- Knowledge in electronics circuit design, data acquisition system and data manipulation tools (e.g. Excel Visual Basic, Matlab, Java) to collect A/D signals and post-process data will be an added advantage;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Good Interpersonal and planning skills;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
Please send the completed application form and your resume with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 28 April 2019. Application forms can be downloaded from HERE. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190415-SBO in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER