Sports Science Officer
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sports Science Officer of the Scientific Conditioning Centre, the Sports Science Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- To conduct exercise testing;
- To perform assessment interpretation, conduct metabolic training, report writing, and give advice to coaches and other science staff when appropriate;
- To design and conduct conditioning programmes and rehabilitation programmes in collaboration with colleagues;
- To work on training monitoring on physiological response of athletes;
- To assist in developing new and optimize current scientific testing and monitoring to meet the expansion of sports science;
- To provide both local and overseas on-field support to elite sport teams;
- To provide data analysis and perform report writing;
- To maintain the physiological data bank;
- To perform regular maintenance on the Scientific assessment equipment;
- To assist in research projects; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
A university degree in science, sports science or related disciplines;
- Two years’ full-time working experience in related disciplines or two years’ full-time experience as an athlete within a high performance system and exposed to applied sports science;
- Good interpersonal and planning skills; ideally with some leadership experience;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 6 August 2020. Application forms can be downloaded from Here. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20200724-SSO in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER