Sports Science Technician
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Sports Science Officer of the Scientific Conditioning Centre, the Sports Science Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- To provide accuracy adjustment and maintenance for the testing equipment and utensils for testing;
- To liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to gather specialist information for purchasing and troubleshooting purposes;
- To attend meetings, as required to seek feedback and to explore the technical requirements of all service users in order to develop and improve the service;
- Ability to operate a range of lab equipment safely and to a high standard, including skilled in metabolic cart, treadmill, environmental chamber, hypoxic room, lactate analyser, isokinetic measurement equipment and heart rate measurement device are preferable;
- Assist in equipment updating and sourcing and assist in the purchasing process;
- Data processing and analysis of laboratory tests and accuracy of the equipment;
- Conduct research reviews on different testing protocols and equipment;
- To assist in conducting test;
- To administrate stock control and ordering of consumables;
- To manage the storage of testing data and results;
- To compile a database of testing for elite athletes;
- To perform appropriate calculation for assisting interpretation of the test results;
- To assist testing and monitoring athletes’ training load and recovery rate;
- To assist in new project and research; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by senior staff.
- A university degree in an appropriate field;
- Two years’ full-time working experience in related disciplines or two years’ full-time experience as a full-time athlete within a high performance system and exposed to applied sports science;
- Good interpersonal and planning skills;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send your resume and a completed application form with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: hrdept @hksi.org.hk on or before 21 April 2019. Application forms can be downloaded from HERE. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190408-SST in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER