The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Athlete Affairs Officer, the Warden will be responsible for the following duties:
- To ensure that the resident athletes comply with the hostel rules and regulations, and maintain the orderly management of the hostel, providing a professional and harmonious hostel environment for the athletes;
- To support a wide range hostel services for the resident athletes including organizing orientation programmes and other social & welfare activities, providing a balanced lifestyle support for the athletes;
- To support the resident athletes by giving advice to them on various matters, and handle problems/ conflicts that may arise;
- To work closely with other internal departments to maintain the security and cleanliness of the hostel, in order to provide a safe and healthy living environment for the athletes; and
- To work on shift duty.
- Applicants should have a higher diploma or Associate Degree or above in Social Services or related disciplines or its equivalent;
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience preferably in hostel operation/ youth service;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage;
- Mature with strong interpersonal skills including basic negotiation and conflict management skills;
- Hands on experience in computer software application including Chinese Word Processing;
- Qualified in first aid or with basic medical knowledge; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com. The recruitment will continue until the post is filled. Please quote reference no. HKSI-PTWAR in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER