The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Sport Biomechanist of the Sports Biomechanics and Technology Centre, the Sport Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supervise technical working team to provide functional support in sports technologies;
- Communicate with elite sports coach to understand their needs;
- Deliver application architecture and design in sport science and engineering;
- Collaborate with other sport scientific centers;
- Promote the effective use of sports sensory data;
- Establish links or joint projects with stakeholders;
- Manage and maximize the intangible assets;
- Provide both local and overseas on-field supports to elite sport teams; and
- Perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree holder in Information Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or related disciplines;
- Minimum of eight years' relevant experience in hardware design, and software development preferably in sports sensory integrated system;
- Understand elite training processes in scientific approach;
- Able to write queries, examining data, troubleshooting, writing documentation;
- Know how to dive in and get immersed with the scientific elite training, understand their objectives;
- Know how to build strong and effective relationships with stakeholders as well as developers;
- Knowledge in Intelligent Property application;
- Able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure;
- Good Interpersonal and planning skills;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage;
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply.Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 18 June 2019. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190612-SE in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.