Wushu Coach (Taiji)
(Annual performance based remuneration package ranges from HK$443,124to HK$930,560)
Reporting to the Head Wushu Coach, the Wushu Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To coordinate, design, and implement training programmes for Wushu elite athletes in Hong Kong, especially the Taiji group;
- To fully utilize and integrate scientific, medical and other athlete support services into the elite training programme to enhance elite training outcomes;
- To monitor athlete performance through comprehensive, multi-method assessment and regular evaluation;
- To provide timely and critically analyzed progress reports to the HKSI and Hong Kong Wushu Union;
- To be responsible for administrative matters related to local and overseas squad training and competitions;
- To supervise Assistant Coaches and part-time coaches;
- To assist the HKSI and Hong Kong Wushu Union with executing programmes related to Talent Identification, Coach Education and Wushu Promotion.
- University degree or its equivalent;
- Holder of a recognized coaching qualification equivalent to Hong Kong Coach Accreditation Programme Level 3 Certificate;
- A minimum of 5 years professional coaching experience and proven record of achievement in coaching Wushu athletes at national level or its equivalent;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of computer literacy; and
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport, equal opportunity issues and Prevention of Bribery Ordinance in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, email and postal addresses, and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 25 September 2019. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190919-WUC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.