Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach
In support of the Government’s Job Creation Scheme under the Anti-epidemic Fund 2.0, The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) has recently created 38 time limited positions covering a wide range of job functions and levels. This is in response to the difficult labour market situation in the wake of the pandemic, with an aim of providing employment opportunities for those with different skill sets, qualifications and years of experience.
Reporting to the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Scientific Conditioning Coach will be responsible for the following duties:
- To implement safe and effective training programmes for athletes under the guidance of senior staff;
- To assist in running the daily operation in the Fitness Training Centre;
- To assist in training the injured athletes in cooperation with the Sports Medicine Centre;
- To monitor the maintenance of the fitness area and equipment;
- To perform fitness and field-testing on athletes for monitoring training progress under the guidance of senior staff;
- To provide local on-field support to elite sports teams if required;
- To centralize and maintain a database for all training records; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree in strength and conditioning, sports science or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant working experience or a minimum 2 years of elite sport training experience;
- Holder of certified strength and conditioning qualification;
- Experience in coaching para-sport is an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form with indication of your expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org The recruitment will continue until the post is filled. Please quote reference no. AEF-ASCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER