Senior Sports Science Officer (Scientific Conditioning Centre)
In support of the Government’s Job Creation Scheme under the Anti-epidemic Fund 2.0, The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) has recently created 38 time-limited positions covering a wide range of job functions and levels. This is in response to the difficult labour market situation in the wake of the pandemic, with an aim of providing employment opportunities for those with different skill sets, qualifications and years of experience.
Reporting to the Scientific Conditioning Manager, the Senior Sports Science Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- To develop the Athlete Management (software) System (AMS) across the HKSI;
- To manage the AMS database and assist colleagues, coaches and athletes in its use and day to day operations;
- To assist with development of the AMS to provide a bi-spoke solutions for end users;
- To work alongside the Statistician in data and analysis; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A university degree in sports science, computer science or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 4 years’ working experience in related disciplines or a minimum of 2 years’ working experience plus 2 years of elite sport training experience;
- Experience in data management systems is an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form with indication of your expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com. The recruitment will continue until the post is filled. Please quote reference no. AEF-SSSO_SCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER