Sports Science Officer (Psychology)
In support of the Government’s Job Creation Scheme under the Anti-epidemic Fund 2.0, The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) has recently created 38 time-limited positions covering a wide range of job functions and levels. This is in response to the difficult labour market situation in the wake of the pandemic, with an aim of providing employment opportunities for those with different skill sets, qualifications and years of experience.
Reporting to the Senior Sport Psychologist, the Sports Science Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- To conduct individual and group psychological consultation with athletes including, psychological skills training for competitive sport performance, counseling for maintenance of mental health, rehabilitation counseling for injured athletes;
- To collaborate with allied Elite Training Science & Technology Division (“ETSTD”) areas as appropriate to the ETSTD biopsychosocial operational model;
- To provide on-field support at local and overseas training and competition;
- To contribute to the Sport Psychology Centre’s regular evaluation and review of best-practice psychological interventions in relation to emerging international research and new developments;
- To plan and implement educational programmes such as lectures and workshops for both athletes and coaches;
- To assist and participate in the annual ETSTD research programme;
- To demonstrate an active commitment to personal and professional development; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A master degree in sport psychology or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience in practical fields;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Cantonese and Putonghua);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective and efficient team player; and
- Able to work in irregular hours and perform under pressure.
- Awareness/knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form with indication of your expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruitment will continue until the post is filled. Please quote reference no. AEF-SSO_SPC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER