Research Assistant (SIC) (英文版本)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s designated organisation to provide the high performance training system for eligible sports. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Assistant External Affairs Manager, the Research Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist in conducting research studies carried out in the Sports Information and External Affairs Centre;
- To assist in compiling statistics and preparing write-ups for research projects and publications;
- To conduct literature review and prepare summaries;
- To collect and consolidate sports results from primary sources;
- To assist in organizing conferences and symposiums; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Applicants should have completed their secondary education with at least 5 passes in HKCEE or 5 HKDSE subjects with at least Level 2 or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics;
- A university degree in social science, sports studies, research methodology, information management or a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- A minimum of six months’ part-time experience in research, compiling statistics or statistical analysis;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Chinese Word Processing and SPSS;
- High levels of numeracy and attention to detail are essential;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please click 'apply' to submit your CV with expected salary or send the completed Application Form with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 2 June 2023. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20230503-RASIC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER