Access to Information
- The Hong Kong Sports Institute (HKSI) has designated Community Relations Manager as the Access to Information Officer who is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to information not available on the HKSI website are properly dealt with in accordance with specific procedures.
- Requests for information not available on the HKSI website or records held by the HKSI may be made by letter or application form. The application form can be downloaded from this web page, and is also obtainable from the Reception of the HKSI at 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories. The application should be addressed to:
Access to Information OfficerThe letter or completed application form can be submitted either in person; by mail; by fax 2693 9018 or email email@example.com. Applicants requesting information will receive a response within 10 days.
Hong Kong Sports Institute
25 Yuen Wo Road
Sha Tin, New Territories
- The HKSI will, as far as practicable, make the information available upon requests, unless there are specific reasons for not doing so. These reasons are set out in the attachment and will normally be referred to if a request for information is refused.
- Any person who believes that the HKSI has failed to properly apply any provision of the HKSI's Access to Information Statement may ask the HKSI to review the case, or may also contact The Ombudsman. The target response times set out in paragraph 2 above also apply to requests for review.
- Information published or made available routinely on the HKSI website:
- Information on the HKSI, including its vision, objectives, board of directors, organisation structure, elite sports
- Information on Elite Training Science & Technology including scientific conditioning, sport biomechanics, sport nutrition, sport psychology, sports medicine, sports information, elite training seminar series
- Information on Sport Coaching including coach education programmes, degree programme in sports training, application forms
- HKSI’s latest news e.g. media releases, tender notices
- Information on Sports Marketing & Sponsorship including donations, advertising and naming rights
- Information on Support to Athletes including sports scholarship scheme, elite training programme for athletes with disabilities, education and career services, fund for athletes, direct financial support to athletes
- Information on Sports Training Courses
- Publications include annual reports, Sports Excellence, Sports Bulletin, research highlights and reports, education pamphlets
- Resources Centre including information of athletes & coaches, National Sports Associations & clubs, Hong Kong Sports Information Centre, sports facts & figures, records & results
- Other than publications which are available free of charge, or at a cost specified, photocopying charges (black and white photocopy on A4 size paper) of HK$1.0 per page will be levied, and the charge may be subject to revision. Mailing costs may also apply. Applicant will be advised in advance of the charges to be levied.
- For enquiries, please call 2681 6888 during office hours.