Part-time Hostel Life Education Activities Instructors / Tutors
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Asian and Olympic Games results.
Athlete Affairs Department – Athletes Hostel Services: To create an energetic and fruitful living environment for elite athlete residents by promoting whole-person development and life-wide learning activities in hostel. We would like to recruit a pool of professional instructors/tutors from different backgrounds to provide wide range of experiential learning activities/workshops for our elite athletes. The services are on part-time and on-demand basis in order to meet the training schedule and specific needs of athletes. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
- To provide wide range of experiential learning activities/workshops for elite athletes in the following domains:
- Music Appreciation & Musical Instruments
- Performing Arts (Dance, Drama, Magic…etc)
- Visual Arts / Design & Drawing / Media Arts / Handcraft
- Photography / Video Shooting & editing / Computer Graphic
- Film Appreciation, Liberal Arts & Cultural Studies
- Dessert making (home-made style by essential tools & equipments)
- Any others creative learning topics
- To be the instructors/tutors of the activities/workshops.
- To design and organize interest classes for elite athletes in different level/ ages according to their needs and preference.
- To facilitate athletes’ multi-talents development by providing new learning experience;
- To prepare the relevant learning materials and tools for the activities.
- To co-ordinate/work with our department in developing whole person development programme/activities in athletes hostel;
- Bachelor in Fine Arts/ HKAPA graduate preferred or
- Advanced diploma together with other professional qualification in related subjects; and
- Minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience in schools/ colleges or higher institutes; and
- Holder of Grade 8 Certificate (ABRSM/Trinity/RockSchool) or equivalent for instructor of musical instruments; and
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese; and
- Mature, Independent, Positive, Cheerful and Passionate for teaching; and
- Willing to work with youth with good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- The Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) is required.
Please send full resume with current and expected salary, contact telephone number, address and availability to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference no. AAS-PTHLEA in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER