Research Assistant (SCC)
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited (“HKSI”) is the Government’s delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI’s mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Senior Scientific Conditioning Coach of the Scientific Conditioning Centre, the Research Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To assist in the introduction of an Athlete Management (software) System (AMS) across the Hong Kong Sports Institute;
- To manage the database of the AMS and assist colleagues, coaches and athletes in its use and troubleshoot day to day operations;
- To assist with development of the AMS so that it can be refined in a bi-spoke way for end users;
- To work alongside the Statistician in data and analysis;
- To assist in other research areas as appropriate; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Applicants should have: (1) a minimum of 5 passes in HKCEE or 5 HKDSE subjects with at least Level 2 or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics; or (2) any post secondary qualification;
- A university degree in sports science, computer science or a relevant discipline is an advantage;
- Experience in data management systems or having been a full time athlete within a high performance system and exposed to computer software systems is an advantage;
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese. Ability to speak Putonghua is an advantage; and
- Awareness/ knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
[Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.]
Please send the completed application form and your resume with indication of your current and expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email: email@example.com on or before 21 August 2019. Application forms can be downloaded from HERE. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20190808-RASCC in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk.
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Data collected will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER