Sports Scholarship Scheme
The backbone of the HKSI’s Elite Training System is the Sports Scholarship Scheme, which provides a comprehensive support system for high performance athletes searching for international success.
We believe that athletes can train full-time and succeed at the highest level, without sacrificing their academic development. During their time with us, athletes will develop the skills and physical qualities to excel at their sport, and also build the self-esteem, leadership talents, cooperation and teamwork that will not only add to their sporting capabilities, but also help them to excel in life and society, in their post-athletic life.
The Scheme supports outstanding athletes in Elite Sports (Tier A) , and extends to outstanding individual athletes in sports supported under the Individual Athletes Support Scheme and sports for athletes with disabilities. Currently, over 1,000 athletes are supported across three categories under the Scheme:
Successful applicants of Elite Training Grant and Sports Aid Grants for Athletes with Disabilities are supported under the Scheme, awarded with Elite A+, Elite A, Elite B+, Elite B, Elite C and Senior Squad.
Successful applicants of Elite Training Grant are supported under the Scheme, awarded with Junior A, Junior B and Junior Squad.
Potential Athletes (For Elite Sports Only)
Athletes with sports talent and potential recommended by National Sports Associations may receive local training support at the HKSI.
- Types of Support for Elite Athletes (PDF)
- Summary of Number of Athletes Supported by HKSI 2016-17 (PDF)
- Summary of Number of Athletes Supported by HKSI 2017-18 (PDF)
- Summary of Number of Athletes Supported by HKSI 2018-19 (PDF)
- Summary of Number of Athletes Supported by HKSI 2019-20 (PDF)
- List of Elite Sport Scholarship Athletes 2019-20
- List of Potential Sport Scholarship Athletes 2019-20